The Application Programming Interface (API) allows for automated communication between connected systems. In order to automate fulfillment, API access must be enabled.
If you have not yet gathered your API credentials, follow these steps first:
Enter API credentials in DropStream
- In your DropStream Dashboard, click Stores.
- Click the name of your Shopify store.
- In Connection details, enter your Shopify Shop name.
- Scroll down and click Authorize.
- A Shopify window opens. If prompted to log in, enter the email address of your Shopify account, and click Next.
- Enter your password and click Log in.
- In the Authorize DropStream window, scroll down and click Authorize App.
When authorization is complete, you are returned to the DropStream store setup.
- Select the Fulfillment Location: the inventory location of your 3PL, as configured and enabled in Shopify. When DropStream exports the shipment, Shopify checks that inventory for the item/SKU is in stock at this location. If not, order processing fails in DropStream with an error.
- Edit any of the following settings:
- Return Magic API Key — Required if using Return Magic for returns flow
- Fulfillment Service - Your fulfillment provider, as configured and activated in Shopify. During Order Import, DropStream imports only line items/SKUs that have been designated for this Fulfillment Service in Shopify. If the order contains SKUs not designated in Shopify for the specified fulfillment service, those SKUs are not imported to DropStream.
- Filter orders by location — If enabled, accept only orders assigned to the Fulfillment Location
- Exclude empty orders — If enabled, exclude orders with no line items
- Use local currency — If enabled, represent monetary values in the buyer's local currency
- Include Duplicate SKUs — By default, DropStream will not attempt to update inventory for more than one match for a given SKU. To update inventory for all products with the same SKU, check this box.
- Include Partial Fulfillments — If an order contains a gift card or another virtual product, the fulfillment status is
Partial. By default, DropStream imports orders with fulfillment status
Not Fulfilled. If this option is enabled, orders with
Partialfulfillment status are also imported.
- Financial Status Import Options — The financial status for order import. Select one or more of the following:
- Accept orders after — Only orders after this date and time will be imported. (Maximum lookback is 60 days)
- Click Save changes.
Next: Review Order Status