The Application Programming Interface (API) allows for automated communication between connected systems. In order to automate fulfillment, API access must be enabled. Steps include:
Gather Admin credentials
A user with full access is required to allow access to Shopify APIs. If you are the Shopify administrator, you can use those credentials when configuring your DropStream store.
Or, you can create a separate staff account with full access. This is useful if someone else will be configuring the Integration for you.
Follow these steps to add a new Shopify user:
- Log in to your Shopify administration panel.
- In the menu on the left, click Settings.
- From the next menu, click Account.
- Under the Staff members heading, click the Add a staff member button.
- Utilize an available email address that you control (such as "email@example.com") for the Email address.
- Fill in the staff member details, and click the Send Invite button.
Once you have completed these steps, your account manager will receive an invitation to your Shopify store allowing them access.
Note: It is recommended the new Shopify staff member retain Full access at least until the integration process is complete.
Gather Shop Name / Store Address
The Shop Name / Store Address is the text in your store URL preceding
.myshopify.com. It can be located in your address bar, and is also used at the Shopify login page.
Once you have completed these steps, contact your 3PL account manager to provide the credentials and complete integration setup.