Update, March 2023: Please open a ticket with DropStream support at firstname.lastname@example.org to create a new Shopify connection.
The Application Programming Interface (API) allows for automated communication between connected systems. In order to automate fulfillment, API access must be enabled.
If you have not yet gathered your API credentials, follow these steps first:
Enter API credentials in DropStream
- In your DropStream Dashboard, click Stores.
- Click the name of your Shopify store.
- In Connection details, select the Fulfillment Location. This is the inventory location of your 3PL, as configured in Shopify. When DropStream exports shipments, Shopify checks that inventory for the item/SKU is in stock at this location. If not, shipment notification will fail.
Each DropStream store/connection can support only one Shopify Location. To integrate with multiple locations, email DropStream support at email@example.com, and our support team will help you set up multiple connections for a single Shopify store.
For more information about configuring locations in Shopify, see:
- Optional: Edit any of the following Connection Details settings:
- Return Magic API Key — Required if using Return Magic for returns flow
- Fulfillment Service - Either All (default), or a Fulfillment Service configured in Shopify ("Manual," or a fulfillment service defined in Shopify under Settings > Shipping and Delivery > Custom order fulfillment). If an order contains SKUs not assigned to the specified fulfillment service, those lines filtered from the order. If set to All, then all line items are imported, regardless of their configured fulfillment service.
- Filter orders by location — If enabled, accept only orders assigned to the Fulfillment Location
- Exclude empty orders — If enabled, exclude orders with no line items
- Use local currency — If enabled, represent monetary values in the buyer's local currency
- Notify customer — If enabled, Shopify will notify the customer after the order has shipped. (default: enabled)
- Include Duplicate SKUs — By default, DropStream will not attempt to update inventory for more than one match for a given SKU. To update inventory for all products with the same SKU, check this box.
Include Partial Fulfillments — If an order contains a gift card or another virtual product, the fulfillment status is
Partial. By default, DropStream imports orders with fulfillment status
Not Fulfilled. If this option is enabled, orders with
Partialfulfillment status are also imported.
- Financial Status Import Options — The financial status for order import. Select one or more of the following:
- Accept orders after — Only orders created after this date and time will be imported by DropStream. (Defaults to 5 days before date the store is first created. Maximum lookback is 60 days before today)
- Click Save changes.
Next: Review Order Status
Please sign in to leave a comment.