The Application Programming Interface (API) allows for automated communication between connected systems. In order to automate fulfillment, API access must be enabled.
If you have not yet gathered your API credentials, follow these steps first:
Enter API credentials in DropStream
- In your DropStream Dashboard, click Stores.
- Click the name of your ShipStation store.
- In Connection details, enter your API credentials:
- API Key
- API Secret
- Optional: Edit any of the following settings:
- Partner Key — Optional Partner API Key provided by ShipStation support. If specified, the ShipStation API rate limit is increased.
- Use Original Request Shipping Description — ShipStation orders contain two shipping descriptions: the original description from the shopping cart request (e.g., from Shopify, Magento, etc.), and the ShipStation-translated shipping description. If this setting is enabled, the original request shipping description is used. (default: disabled, use the ShipStation description)
- Notify Customer — If enabled, send an email from ShipStation to the customer, notifying them that the shipping info has been uploaded to ShipStation. (default: disabled)
- Notify Sales Channel — If enabled, send an email from the DropStream sales channel to the customer, notifying them that the shipping info has been uploaded to ShipStation. (default: enabled)
- Order Tags — If specified, only orders with these tags are imported to DropStream.
- Order Acknowledgement Tag — If specified, this tag is applied to an order after it is imported.
Ensure that the Acknowledgement Tag is not also set as an Order Import Tag.
- SKU Configuration — ShipStation may provide either a Product Sku, a Fulfillment Sku, or both. This setting controls which field the SKU is pulled from:
Auto— (the default) Use whichever field is present. If both are present, use Product Sku
Product Sku— always use the Product Sku
Fulfillment Sku— always use the Fulfillment Sku
- Click Save changes.
Back to: Integration Overview
Please sign in to leave a comment.