To connect to the Cin7 Omni API, the following credentials are required:
- API Username
- API Password
Gather Username and Password
- In Cin7 Omni, click the Settings icon in the lower-left corner.
- Under Integrations & API, click API v1 .
- Copy/retain the API Username.
- Under API Connections, click Add New API Connection.
- Enter an App Name such as
- On the Confirmation page, copy/retain the API Key. This will function as your API Password in the DropStream setup.
- The new key is listed under API Connections. Next to its name, click Permissions.
- Enable the following permissions:
- Contacts: Read
- Branches: Read
- Product Categories: Read
- Products: Read
- Product Options: Read
- Stock: Read
- Serial Numbers: Read
- Sales Orders: Read, Update
- Quotes: Read
- BOM Masters: Read
- Click Save.
Next: Enable API Access