The Application Programming Interface (API) allows for automated communication between connected systems. Follow these steps to gather the required Shopify credentials.
Gather Admin credentials
A user with full access is required to allow access to Shopify APIs. The Shopify administrator credentials can be used for this purpose.
Or, you can create and grant full access to a separate Staff account, which can be shared with a third party for the purpose of configuring the integration.
Add a Shopify Staff account
- Log in to your Shopify administration panel.
- In the menu on the left, click Settings.
- Click Account.
- Under the Staff members heading, click the Add a staff member button.
- Use a secure email address that you control (e.g., "@company.com") for the Email address.
- Fill in the staff member details, and click the Send Invite button.
After you have completed these steps, you will receive an invitation at the email address you specified, inviting the new user to join your Shopify store.
Note: It is recommended the new Shopify staff member retain full access at least until the integration process is complete.
Gather Shop Name / Store Address
The Shop Name / Store Address is displayed in your Shopify URLs, preceding
.myshopify.com. This name can be used to log in to Shopify.
Once you have gathered these credentials, provide them to your 3PL account manager to complete the integration setup.
Next: Enable API Access