The API (Application Programming Interface) provides automated communication between connected systems. In order to automate fulfillment, access to the Shopify API must be enabled.
If you have not yet gathered your API credentials, follow these steps first:
Enter API credentials in DropStream
- In your DropStream Dashboard, click Merchants.
- Click the name of your Shopify merchant.
- In Connection details, enter your Shopify Shop name.
- Scroll down and click Authorize.
- In the pop-up window, log in to Shopify.
- In the Authorize DropStream window, scroll down and click Authorize App.
When authorization is complete, you are returned to the DropStream merchant setup.
- Select the Fulfillment Location: the inventory location of your 3PL, as configured and enabled in Shopify. When DropStream exports the shipment, Shopify checks that inventory for the item/SKU is in stock at this location. If not, order processing fails in DropStream with an error.
- Edit any of the following settings:
- Set Order Financial Status — one of:
- Order Type — one of:
- Inventory Behavior — one of:
Decrement Ignoring Policy
Decrement Obeying Policy
- Click Save changes.
Back to: Integration Overview