The API (Application Programming Interface) provides automated communication between connected systems. In order to automate fulfillment, access to the Camelot API must be enabled.
If you have not yet gathered your API credentials, follow these steps first:
Enter API credentials in DropStream
- In your DropStream Dashboard, click Merchants.
- Click the name of your Camelot 3PL merchant.
- In Connection details, enter your API credentials:
- Webservice URL
- Client Code
- Auth Mode — one of:
- Optional: Specify the Carrier Billing Code, one of:
3rd party Collect
Prepaid 3rd party
Prepaid & Add
- Optional: Click Advanced Options, and specify the following:
- Trading Partner — usually
- Shipment Import Profile ID — default:
- Order Status Profile ID — default:
- Inventory Export Profile ID — default:
- When you're done, click Save changes.
Merchant Setup, Implementation Tips and Troubleshooting
When setting up your DropStream merchant connection to your fulfillment provider who uses Camelot 3PL as their WMS, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Camelot has three database objects specifically for DropStream (Order In, Order Out, and Inventory Out).
- When setting up a merchant in DropStream, under Advanced Options, enter the following credentials:
- Trading Partner
- Shipment Import Profile ID
- Order Status Profile ID
- Inventory Export Profile ID
- Verify that the values are identical to the settings that have been configured in Camelot:
- Once you have set up your merchant in DropStream and have tested sending an order to Camelot, if you receive the following error message, you'll need to update the XMLport objects in Camelot to match the latest XMLport objects.
- To ensure that orders can be synced, make sure that both Shipment Methods and Carrier Codes are configured.
- If you receive the following error message:
Contact DropStream Support at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a list of current DropStream IP addresses to whitelist.
Back to: Integration Overview