Stock keeping units (SKU) are merchant-defined codes that uniquely identify products in a warehouse. It is critical that the SKUs defined in eBay exactly match to the SKUs loaded into your warehouse management system (WMS).
Follow these steps to create eBay SKUs.
- Log in to your eBay account. Click My eBay > Activity > Selling Manager Pro.
- Click Inventory.
- Once in your Inventory Listings you should see something similar to the screenshot below. (If you do not see the Custom Label column, click the Customize link at the top-right of the page.)
- Check the Custom Label checkbox and it will be added to the list. You can change the order of how you want it to appear if you like. Click Apply
- Now you should see the Custom Label column and if you click “[Add]” link, you can add your SKU that you would like to see for this product.
- When your product is purchased in eBay and imported, your Custom Label will now import as your Item SKU.