To connect to the Business Central API, the following credentials are required:
- Business Central Username and Password
- Registered App Client ID
- Registered App Tenant ID
- Registered App Client Secret
Note: the Client Secret can only be viewed when creating a new app registration, so if you do not know it, you must register a new app.
Create a new app registration
- In the Microsoft Azure portal, go to All Services > Identity > App Registrations.
- On the App Registrations page, click +New Registration.
- For Name, enter a name such as
- For Supported Account Types, in most cases you should choose Accounts in this organizational directory only (Single tenant).
- For Redirect URI, choose Platform: Web, and enter the URI
- Click Register.
- Copy/retain the value for "Application (client) ID". This is the integration Client ID.
- Copy/regain the value fo "Directory (tenant) ID". This is the integration Tenant ID.
- Under Client credentials, click Add a certificate or secret.
- Under Client secrets, click +New client secret.
- Under Add a client secret, enter a Description such as
- For Expires, choose how long until this secret expires. You will need to re-create the secret and re-enter it in DropStream after it expires.
- Click Add.
- Copy/retain the secret "Value". This is the integration Client Secret.