For WooCommerce product variants (such as size or color), it's critical that each variant has a unique SKU.
By default, WooCommerce assigns no unique SKU to a product variant, therefore you must assign these SKUs manually to ensure proper fulfillment.
Assign unique SKUs to product variants
- In your Woo store, go to the Products page.
- Locate a product that has variants.
- Select the product.
- Scroll all the way to the bottom, and select the Variants tab.
- In this example Variants tab, you see three variants associated with the parent product. If you open/expand any variant, you see the SKU - by default, the same SKU as the parent.
- Assign a unique SKU to the variant. For example, if the parent product SKU is SHIRT, assign the variant SKU as RED, BLUE, LONGSLEEVED, etc.
- Repeat this process for all product variants.
If you would prefer not to assign unique SKUs to your product variants in WooCommerce, a custom rule can be created to automate unique assignment. To inquire about custom rules for product variant SKUs, email DropStream support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Next: Gather Shipping Methods