If DropStream encounters an error while processing an order, the order is assigned an Error status, and processing stops. If the cause of the error is resolved, you can try to resume processing by applying a Reprocess or Reset action to the stopped order.
- Reprocess — Return to the failed processing step and retry it. If successful, processing continues.
- Reset — Revert all processing of the order, including any manual edits to the order data since it was imported from the eCommerce platform. Restart processing from the beginning, as if the order had just been imported.
When to Reprocess
The Reprocess action should be used if you edited an order from the DropStream dashboard to resolve an error. For example, if order processing fails because of a missing shipping address, you can edit the order to amend the data. Then, you can reprocess the order to retry the step that failed because that data was missing.
If the edit to fix the error would match a condition in any of your order rules, we recommend that you fix the error by creating a transformer rule instead of editing the order, and then reset the order. This will ensure that the matching rules and the dependent rules are correctly triggered.
To reprocess a single order:
- In your DropStream Dashboard, click Orders. Use the Search/Filter bar to find the order, then click the order's External ID.
- In the Order view, click Actions > Reprocess.
You can also reprocess multiple orders at once. For more information, see:
Reprocess orders in DropStream.
When to Reset
Resetting is preferable in case of rule errors. Rules execute sequentially — if one rule fails, it's preferable to reset processing to the beginning, to ensure all rules were executed with the same order data.
Resetting is also advisable if an attempt at reprocessing does not work. If after reprocessing the order still shows an error, or if there is any other compounding effect that will not resolve otherwise (e.g., a WMS never received an order), performing a reset may resolve the error.
To reset a single order:
- In your DropStream Dashboard, click Orders. Use the Search/Filter bar to locate the order. Then, click the order's External ID.
- In the Order view, click Actions > Reset.
You can also reset multiple orders at once. For more information, see:
Note: Resetting does not undo changes to orders or line-items. If order data was corrupted because of a malformed Rule, the order should instead be deleted from DropStream, so it can be automatically reimported from the eCommerce platform.
Please sign in to leave a comment.