The Order Item Attribute Transformer rule is used to change the existing attribute values of order items, for example to update the unit price, or to change the SKU from ABC to DEF.
This rule has the following parameters:
- Attribute - A list of attributes of an order item that can be used to filter order items, e.g. SKU.
- Value type - The type of the attribute value; e.g. number.
- Value - The value assigned to the attribute, e.g. DEF.
To add a new Order Item Attribute Transformer rule:
- In your DropStream dashboard, click Stores.
- Click the name of your store, then click the Rules tab.
- Click +Add rule.
- Enter a Name for your rule, and click +Add action.
- Select Do something with each order item from the dropdown menu.
- Select Compare Order Item Attribute from the dropdown menu.
- Choose the attribute to transform from the Attribute dropdown, and enter the value of the attribute that should be changed. Then click the blue + Add action button next to THEN.
- Select Set order_item attribute from the dropdown.
- Select the attribute to transform and enter the new value to be assigned.
Attribute values default to simple values. For other options, see Attribute Assignment in Order Rules.
- Click Save changes.
For instructions on how to change the values of order attributes, see Order Attribute Transformer Rule.