The API (Application Programming Interface) provides automated communication between connected systems.
To gather the credentials for NetSuite Token-based Authentication, follow these required steps in order:
- Create an Integration Record
- Enable Token Authentication
- Create a Token Role
- Add Token Management Permissions
- Create Access Tokens
- Gather Account ID
- Grant full permission to the Token Role
- Gather NetSuite Location ID (optional)
When these steps are complete, you will have gathered the following required credentials:
1. Create an Integration Record
The Integration Record identifies the application in NetSuite’s system. Follow these steps to create the required Integration Record.
- In NetSuite, go to the Integrations page, or perform a global search for page:integrations.
- Create an Integration Record if none exists.
- After you create the record, retain the displayed Consumer Key and Consumer Secret.
- If the Integration Record already exists, but it doesn't have a Consumer Key and Consumer Secret: edit the Integration Record, then click Reset Credentials, and set them to:
- Name: Your-Application-Name
- Authentication: Token-Based Authentication
- State: Enabled
2. Enable Token-based Authentication
- In NetSuite, go to Setup > Company > Setup Tasks > Enable Features > SuiteCloud > Manage Authentication.
- Make sure Token Based Authentication is enabled.
- Click Save.
3. Create a Token Role
The administrator does not have token permissions by default. If you do not create a token role and assign it to your administrator, you will get a Login access has been disabled for this role error when creating a token.
- In NetSuite, perform a global search for page:role, then choose New Role.
- Click Permissions > Setup.
- Add the following permissions:
- User Access Token: Full
- Access Token Management: Full
- Web Services: Full
4. Add Token Management Permissions
- In NetSuite, perform a global search for page:employees.
- Edit your employee record.
- Go to Access > Roles, and add the token auth role you just created.
5. Create Access Tokens
- Perform a global search for page:tokens.
- Click New Access Token.
- Select the application and role you created earlier, then click Save.
- Retain the Token ID and Token secret.
6. Account ID
- In NetSuite Admin, click Setup > Integration > Web Service Preferences.
- Retain the Account ID displayed under the Account ID heading.
7. Grant full permission to the Token Role
Next, grant FULL permission to the role for Sales Order, Item Fulfillment, and Purchase Order:
- Go to Setup > Permissions > Transactions.
- Enter FULL level permissions for Sales Order, Item Fulfillment, and Purchase Order.
8. Gather NetSuite Location ID (optional)
The Location ID is an optional parameter which is only used when Multi-Location Inventory feature is enabled.
There should be a single location to represent inventory in the third-party fulfillment center.
- From NetSuite Admin, click Setup > Company > Locations.
- Click View next to the location.
- Retain the numerical Location ID, displayed under the heading Internal ID.