Your Business Catalyst integration supports inventory tracking. Follow these steps to create tracking numbers in Adobe Business Catalyst, and configure them in DropStream.
Create tracking number field in Business Catalyst
- In Business Catalyst, click CRM > Extend CRM Database.
- Click Add CRM Form.
- Enter Tracking Number as the CRM Form Name.
- Click Next.
- Click Add Field.
- Provide the Field name exactly as it will be entered into DropStream.
- For Field Type, select Text String.
- Click Next.
- Apply to the Orders entity.
Configure inventory tracking in DropStream
- In your DropStream Dashboard, click Stores.
- In Connection details, for Custom field, enter the Tracking Number Field Name. (Make sure it's identical to the name in Business Catalyst.)
- Click Save changes.
With this configuration, the Tracking Number field will appear under Custom fields in the DropStream Orders entity.
Inventory control sync
When the DropStream connection is set to enabled, inventory control sync is enabled automatically.
If order status is not synchronizing correctly, ensure that the Product Code matches the Product SKU as configured by your fulfillment provider in the warehouse.
Note on product variations
DropStream will import and process orders with product variations, such as size and color. However, due to limitations in the API, DropStream will not automatically update the inventory levels for products with variations in Business Catalyst.
➤ Next: Review Order Status