Stock Keeping Units (SKUs) are merchant-defined codes that uniquely identify products in a warehouse. It is critical that the SKUs defined in WooCommerce exactly match the SKUs loaded into your warehouse management system.
Configure SKUs in WooCommerce
- In WooCommerce, click Products.
- Edit the product of choice.
- Scroll down to Product Data.
- The SKU number is defined under the General Settings tab.
- Do not create duplicate SKUs. Uniqueness is not enforced for WooCommerce SKUs, so take care that the SKUs you create are unique.
- If you will be using product variations, leave the parent SKU blank and enter a SKU for the child variation only. DropStream will pull the parent SKU first, and then append the child SKU. If the parent SKU is blank, only the child SKU will be pulled.
- DropStream supports two product types for WooCommerce, Simple and Variable.
- DropStream does not support the Composite product type.
Next: Gather Shipping Methods