The DropStream Warehouse File Exchange is a file-based Warehouse Management System integration. It uses a predefined file exchange process to exchange three types of files:
- Sales Order files
- Shipment Confirmation files
- Inventory files
Sample formats for these file types are attached to this support article and can be downloaded.
See the Support article for the detailed specifications for the flat file format: Flat File Specifications
These files are transferred via FTP, with the following requirements:
- The root directory must be define two folders,
- File format is CSV.
- Inbound files, such as Sales Orders, will be placed into the
/indirectory with the file naming convention
ord_(see attached file for format).
- Outbound shipments must be placed into the
/outdirectory with the file naming convention
shp_YYMMDD.csv(see attached file for format).
- Outbound inventory must be placed into the /out directory with the file naming convention
*.csv. Ex. inv
_YYMMDD.csv(see attached file for format).
- Each merchant must have a unique FTP login.
DropStream supports the following file transfer protocols:
- FTP (least secure)
- FTPS (more secure)
- SFTP (SSH + FTP) (most secure)
The file transfer service can be hosted by the you or by DropStream, whichever is preferable.
Batch File Processing Specifications
Information on the Pick Header, Pick Detail, Field Lists, and Batch File Specifications is detailed in the DropStream Batch File Processing Specifications document. This document is attached to this article and can be downloaded.