Stock keeping units (SKU) are merchant-defined codes that uniquely identify products in a warehouse. It is critical that the SKUs defined in Adobe Business Catalyst exactly match the SKUs loaded into your warehouse management system.
If the products have optional Product Variations, such as size or color, you must ensure that you generate product codes that can be used to track these products at the warehouse.
SKUs for Product Variations
Follow these steps to configure and generate Product Variation SKUs.
- Click E-Commerce Products.
- Click Attributes.
- Click Add new product Attribute.
- Provide Attribute Name, and Display as option.
- Define the individual options.
- Click Inventory, and ensure that Inventory Control is Enabled.
- Under Product Variations, click Generate Variations. Variation Codes are generated for your defined Variations.
- Click Save.