About the Order Shipping Description Transformer Rule
An Order Shipping Description Transformer Rule is a required order rule that maps the shipping descriptions in your customer's e-commerce system to the shipping codes available at your warehouse. For example, orders that show "Free Shipping" can be mapped to "USPS - Priority Mail" at your warehouse, so when the order arrives you know how to ship the package.
An Order Shipping Description Transformer Rule will apply a specific warehouse management system carrier code to an order based on the mapping configured with this rule.
Note: This rule must be created to automate order fulfillment.
Gathering Shipping Methods from Cart
You can gather the available shipping descriptions from your customer's e-commerce system. For information specific to your e-commerce system, you can search for "gathering shipping methods" in the DropStream Support Center.
Gathering Shipping Methods from Orders
You can also gather the shipping descriptions from orders as they come into DropStream. In the left pane of your DropStream dashboard, click Orders to view the order dashboard. In the Orders view, click an order to view its details. Here, you'll find the Shipping Method that needs to be mapped.
Creating Order Shipping Description Transformer Rule
To add a new Order Shipping Description transformation:
- Open the desired store.
- Click Actions Settings.
- Click the Rules tab.
- Click Add a Rule.
- Define a name for the rule, then click the Add Action button.
- Select the action Shipping Transformer.
- Enter the shipping description that you wish to map exactly as it appears in PackageBee for orders.
- Click EDIT next to THEN and select the shipping method that this shipping description should be mapped to.
- Once you have selected the shipping method, click OK and then click Save changes.