The Application Programming Interface (API) allows for automated communication between connected systems. In order to automate fulfillment, API Access must be enabled.
The following steps are required to enable API Access to BigCommerce:
- Gathering API Credentials from BigCommerce
- Entering API Credentials in DropStream
Gathering API Credentials from BigCommerce
View this article to Gather API Credentials from BigCommerce
Entering API Credentials in DropStream
To enter the API Credentials:
1. From the stores dashboard click Add Store
2. After naming your store and selecting the merchant, select BigCommerce as the platform and then enter API Credentials in Connection Details
3. Click Add Store and ytou'll be redirected to the BigCommerce login where you will use the owner username and owner password to login. Note: Only users with owner assignment can add and update apps in BigCommerce
4. Once you are logged in, you'll be prompted to add the DropStream app. Click Confirm.