Shopify - Gathering API Credentials
- Gathering Admin Login Credentials
- Gathering Shop Name / Store Address
Gathering Admin Login Credentials
A user with FULL access is required to allow access to Shopify APIs. You can utilize an existing user, or you can create a separate staff account just for setting up this integration. To add a new separate user:
1. Login to your Shopify administration panel
2. From the left side menu, click Settings
3. From the next menu, click Account
4. Under the Staff members heading, click the Add a staff member button
5. Utilize an available email address that you control, such as "firstname.lastname@example.org", for the Username
6. Fill in the staff member details and click the Send Invite button
Once you have completed these steps, your account manager will receive an invitation to your Shopify store allowing them access.
Note: It is recommended the new Shopify staff member retain Full access at least until the integration process is complete.
Gathering Shop Name / Store Address
The Shop Name / Store Address is the text in your store URL before “.myshopify.com”. It can be located in your URL, and is also used at the Shopify login page.
Once you have completed these steps, contact your 3PL account manager to provide the credentials and complete integration setup.